Stockport Credit Union Chief Executive Officer
Location – Role is office based in Brinnington (Stockport), includes some travel across Greater Manchester and very occasionally elsewhere in UK.
Reports to – The Board of Directors
Salary – £38,000 to £47,000 (dependent upon experience)
Stockport Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial co-op, owned and run by its members who live or work within SK postcodes (around Stockport, Greater Manchester). We have a history of serving local people since 1989 and now have around 4500 members. We have £3m assets and a £1.7m loan book with many loans being less than £1000, to meet local people’s needs. The Credit Union is proud to be playing its part in improving the financial wellbeing of our community.
The Credit Union are looking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who shares our values and can carry forward our member focussed approach. You will be a leader who can build upon our strong foundations and inspire staff to grow the Credit Union so it can help even more people become better off.
The CEO is the senior staff member and the public face of the credit union. They are responsible for leading staff according to the strategy and policies set by the Board of Directors and for achieving targets set in the credit union business plan.
Key activities of the CEO role will include:
- Managing the day-to-day operation and development of the credit union ensuring excellent service delivery for our members through the development of the credit union team.
- Create and maintain a member focused environment and drive customer excellence ensuring service delivery is appraised, assessed and improved to maintain high quality service.
- Be responsible for the credit union’s compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, including those set by the PRA, FCA and the ICO.
- Fulfil the responsibilities outlined in the Senior Management Function Statement of Responsibilities.
- Overseeing the financial management of the credit union and to provide effective control and reporting, specifically looking at financial, business performance and risk parameters.
The successful applicant will be passionate about the core values and ethos of the credit union movement- you will become a member if appointed. You must have experience within a similar role- managing a Credit Union or other financial institution. You will be able to demonstrate successful development and delivery of strategic business plans, budgets and employee management.
You will have proven experience of delivering in a regulated environment and substantial understanding of relevant regulations governing Credit Unions.
In return, the successful candidate will receive an annual salary of £38,000 to £47,000 (depending upon previous experience) which has scope for increase during your time as CEO based on performance and delivery of growth. The salary is also negotiable should you be an outstanding candidate and supersede the specifications for the role.
To request an informal discussion and/or to apply for the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please download the full Job Description and Person Spec HERE
The deadline for applications is 2nd May 2023
INTERVIEWS: Tuesday 9th May 2023
IMPORTANT: This role requires approval from the PRA for Senior Management Function 8, appointment to the role is therefore subject to approval by the PRA. It is also subject to a DBS and Credit check.
We look forward to hearing from you!