Stockport Credit Union is a saving and loans co-operative, regulated by the Bank of England and the Financial Conduct Authority. We provide essential savings and lending services within the Stockport borough.
We enable people to access better rates of finance, move away from payday lenders and loan sharks, and encourage financial literacy and improve their financial management. We also work with strategic partners to provide payroll deduction arrangements.
We are a member-owned, values-driven business. We are in the middle of an exciting period of transformational change and have ambitious plans to develop, modernise and grow our business.
This is one of several brand-new roles and is an opportunity to join an ambitious and socially important organisation at a pivotal point in its development.
The purpose of the Customer Engagement Officer role is to work with Stockport Homes’ management, staff, and tenants, to:
- Promote the services and products of Stockport Credit Union
- Increase awareness of and interaction with the Credit Union’s penetration levels amongst Stockport Homes’ customers and support their interactions with the Credit Union.
- Process loans
They will also support the broader activities of the Customer Engagement Manager, especially in respect of marketing and social media activities.
Key Activities & Responsibilities
The role includes (but is not limited to):
- Working with the management and staff of Stockport Homes, to develop their knowledge of the Credit Union and how it can support customers to access affordable credit and savings.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to promote the Credit Union to the customers of Stockport Homes, through a range of face-to-face, virtual and digital means.
- Working with the customers of Stockport Homes, to assist them with accessing the services and products that the Credit Union provides.
- Being ‘front of house’ for the Credit Union within the Stockport Homes area of activities, providing a visible face for the Credit Union.
- Providing loan processing for Stockport Homes customers, and also being able to process loans generated from other members as and when the need arises. The Customer Engagement Officer will undertake all stages of the loans process, including the assessment of eligibility.
- Assisting the Customer Engagement Manager in their duties, particularly with regards to the promotion of the Credit Union via its social media channels, and in the design, commissioning, and implementation of marketing materials.
- Ability to deputise for the Customer Engagement Manager, in their absence, across a range of business development activities.
- Ability to manage the social media accounts of the Credit Union.
The Credit Union is committed to achieving equality of opportunities both as an employer and as a service provider. The role holder is expected to understand and promote this and all other policies of the organisation.
Experience and Skills that you will Need
- Knowledgeable and well-informed to be able to communicate information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Able to review complex information and provide concise feedback to staff and members.
- Creative and dynamic; keen to seek out opportunities to promote the Credit Union’s services.
- Confident speaker/presenter, engaging to both small and large audiences.
- Diplomatic and professional in all communications; particularly when handling difficult member interactions.
- Patient and caring by nature; at ease working with people who may have low or average financial and literacy skills, to assist them to successfully access the services that the Credit Union offers.
- People-centred; approachable, full commitment to putting the customer first.
- Organised and thorough, committed to following processes as set out by the Union.
- Self-starter; can confidently work away from Stockport Credit Union’s own premises with minimal supervision.
- Refined technical and social media skills to highlight the work of the union on various platforms.
- Committed to continuous improvement; especially keen to develop various technical platforms to better promote the Credit Union.
Employment Package Details
This role is full-time and is initially available on a 12-month fixed-term contract basis.
The role-holder will spend time at Stockport Credit Union’s Brinnington Offices, Stockport Homes’ Cornerstone Offices, and out and about in the borough.
Salary Range: £21k to £22.5k
- 25 days per annum annual leave plus statutory bank holidays
- 35 hours per week
- 9:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday. Some flexibility on hours will be necessary
- Contributory pension scheme meeting legislative requirements
To find out more or for an informal discussion, email our Community Engagement Manager Clare Davis at email@example.com
To apply upload:
- Your CV
- A covering letter (of no more than 2 sides of A4) which sets out how you fit the job description and why you are right for the role.
Closing Date for Applications: 5pm on Friday 23rd July 2021