Stockport Credit Union is a saving and loans co-operative, regulated by the Bank of England and the Financial Conduct Authority. We provide essential savings and lending services within the Stockport borough.
We help people access better rates of finance, move away from payday and high interest “for-profit” lenders, and encourage financial literacy and improvement of financial management. We also work with strategic partners to provide payroll deduction arrangements and we provide alternatives to high street lenders.
We are a member-owned, values-driven business. We are in the middle of an exciting period of transformational change and have ambitious plans to develop, modernise and grow our business.
This new opportunity is part of a broader expansion in our organisation and is an opportunity to join an ambitious and socially important lending and savings provider at a pivotal point in its development.
The purpose of the Marketing Executive is to develop and implement a marketing and branding strategy to support our ambitious growth plans on a consultancy basis. The marketing and branding strategy will include the following expected outcomes:
- Increasing awareness and acceptance of the value of saving and borrowing via Stockport Credit Union throughout the Stockport region.
- Deliver lead generation activity to drive lending growth in line with our ambitions
- Establish and amplify our position within our chosen markets
- Deliver a plan and manage activity to achieve the above.
They will also support the broader activities of the Customer Engagement Manager.
Experience and Skills that you will need
- Proven experience in developing a marketing and branding strategy with a clear strong measurable results.
- Proven experience in creating and implementing highly successful campaigns with strong outcomes.
- Exceptional marketing all-rounder including SEO experience.
- Ability to work to KPIs.
- Creative and dynamic; able to develop new opportunities to promote the credit union’s services with a creative flair.
- Exceptional technical and social media skills.
- Committed to continuous improvement; especially keen to develop various technical platforms to better promote the credit union.
- At least five years of experience in similar roles.
This is a consultancy role (not an employed position) and we envisage that the successful person will be able to dedicate one to one and a half days every week to working for Stockport Credit Union.
Initially, we envisage the project existing for six to twelve months.
To find out more or for an informal discussion, email our Chief Executive Jonathan Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply upload:
- Your CV
- A covering letter which outlines what you believe may be involved, and which also sets out appropriate evidence of your ability to deliver and explains why you are the person for the role
- Confirmation of your daily rate
Closing Date for Applications: whilst we have not set a closing date, we aim to find a suitable candidate before the end of August. We will close applications once an appropriate person is identified.