Stockport Credit Union (‘SCU’) is a saving and loans co-operative, dual regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority (‘PRA’) and the Financial Conduct Authority (‘FCA’). We provide essential savings and lending services within Stockport and the surrounding areas. We help people access better rates of finance, move away from payday lenders and loan sharks, encourage financial literacy and improve their financial management. We also work with strategic partners to provide payroll deduction arrangements.
We are a member-owned, values-driven business. We are in the middle of an exciting period of transformational change and have bold plans to modernise and grow our business. This is an opportunity to join an ambitious and socially important organisation at a pivotal point in its development.
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO, with a dotted line to the Chair of the Risk & Audit Committee, the purpose of the role is develop and maintain proportionate and robust frameworks to enable compliance and mitigate risk.
Key duties include:
- Acting as the designated Money Laundering Reporting Officer, holding Senior Management Function 17 (‘SMF 17’), ensuring that SCU operates an appropriate framework to manage financial crime risks associated with its activities.
- Acting as the designated Compliance Officer, ensuring that SCU operates appropriate frameworks to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Acting as the designated Risk Officer, maintaining appropriate frameworks to enable SCU to identify, assess, treat and monitor the risks it’s exposed to.
- Acting as the Data Protection Officer, ensuring that SCU maintains appropriate frameworks to meet its obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 (and associated data privacy regulations).
- Operating a risk based assurance framework to test and monitor SCU’s compliance with requirements and treatment of risks.
- Assisting the Chair of the Risk & Audit Committee (a Board subcommittee) in preparing and running the Risk & Audit Committee.
- Advising the Board and CEO on all relevant risk, compliance, data protection and financial crime matters.
- Completion of regulatory reporting and notifications.
- Acting as the ‘Consumer Duty Champion’, managing SCU’s Consumer Duty Project.
Experience and Skills that you will need
- 5 years experience of compliance within a financial services organisation.
- In depth knowledge of PRA, FCA, Data Protection and Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Pragmatic, solutions driven approach
As this role falls within both the Senior Managers Regime (as ‘MLRO’) and the Certification Regime (as Risk & Compliance Officer), appointment is subject appropriate background checks and regulatory approval.