Notice is hereby given of the 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Stockport Credit Union which will be held by virtual conference on Saturday 16th May 2020 at 11.15 am until 12.45 pm.
Below you will find:
- Annual Report and Financial Statements, ballot and nominations forms
- The Meeting Agenda
- Details on Elections for Officers and how to vote
- Arrangements for how to join the meeting
All members will be sent a notice by post including a ballot paper w/c 27th April 2020.
It’s very important to note that you need to register in advance to receive the virtual conference details for attending the AGM. Please do this as soon as possible using the information below and don’t wait until the last minute. We need to link each registration to your member account.
Ballot papers can be returned by EMAIL (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by POST to First House, 367 Brinnington Road, Stockport SK5 8EN to arrive by Wednesday 13th May 2020.
If you want to receive paper copies of any of this information please contact the team on email@example.com
- Presentation by the Interim Chief Executive Jonathan Moore
- Highlights from the Annual Report and Financial Statements
- Q&A from the members on the Annual Report and Financial Statements
- AGM meeting and official business (appendices refer to the Annual Report)
- A. Apologies for absence
- B. RESOLUTION 1: Approval of Minutes of the Thirteenth AGM (see Appendix 1 and Appendix 9)
- C. Matters arising from the minutes of the Thirteenth AGM
- D. RESOLUTION 2: Adoption of the Financial Statements for the year ended 30 September 2019 (see Appendix 2)
- E. RESOLUTION 3: Approval of the Distribution from Surplus (see Appendix 3)
- F. RESOLUTION 4: Re-appointment of the External Auditors (see Appendix 4)
- G. RESOLUTION 5: Results of the Election of Board Directors (see Appendix 5)
- H. RESOLUTION 6: Results of the Election of the Credit Committee (see Appendix 6)
- I. RESOLUTION 7: Suggested rule amendments proposed by members (see Appendix 7)
- J. RESOLUTION 8: Suggested rule amendments proposed by the Board (see Appendix 8)
- Vote of Thanks and Meeting Close
Elections for Officers and How to Vote
In accordance with Rules 90 through 92 this year voting will be in two tranches:
- Voting for Elections of Directors and the Credit Committee will be by Postal Vote which can be returned by email or post
- Voting on the AGM business will be by Electronic Poll during the virtual meeting (an electronic version of what we have done previously)
Unfortunately, the Rules of Stockport Credit Union do not currently permit you to Vote by Proxy (where you nominate the Chair or other attendee to vote on your behalf). If you want to vote on the AGM business you need to attend the virtual meeting, just as before where you had to attend the physical meeting in order to cast a vote.
You’ll find the biographies of all the Board Directors and members of the Credit Committee standing for election in the Annual Report. You should receive a ballot paper in the post or you can download and print one.
If you wish to nominate yourself or others for a position you can download a Nominations form and return the form by Friday 1st May 2020. Instructions are detailed on the form.
Arrangements for how to join the meeting
As we are unable to hold a physical AGM this year, in accordance with Rule 92, the meeting will be held by video conference. With over 4,000 members this allows us to reach even more people.
How do I register for the AGM?
STEP 1: Members need to register for the conference by going to https://globalpage-prod.webex.com/join
STEP 2: When prompted enter the meeting number 147 215 408 and hit Enter
STEP 3: When prompted enter the password FirstHouse and click Register
STEP 4: Provide just your name and email address and click ‘Register Now’ so we can match you to you member record
You’ll receive an email with detailed joining instructions. You can also View Meeting Information – Keep this information safe
Make sure you’re ready for the meeting and download any files or apps in advance https://www.webex.com/downloads.html/