What We Are Looking For
Do you love working with people?
Are you interested in doing something amazing for a Stockport organisation?
Do you have some time to spare?
If so, we need your help!
We are looking for a Volunteer Coordinator. This is a volunteer role.
We have 35 amazing volunteers, 15 of whom have joined us in the last year. We want to ensure that we give our volunteers the best possible experience and help them to feel part of one team, even though they all work in different parts of the organisation. The newly created Volunteer Coordinator role is a key part of helping us to achieve this. The role includes:
- Assisting the relevant manager with the recruitment of new volunteers as they become needed (including taking up references).
- Providing a simple induction for new volunteers alongside the manager for their business area.
- Being a key point of contact for volunteers – looking after them, checking up on them if they are ill, talking about any issues they have.
- Training and Development for volunteers.
- Overseeing regular communications for the volunteers – creation of and sending out of a regular newsletter for example (we will provide assistance on content and design)
- Organising at least one volunteer social event a year.
- Feeding back the views of the volunteers to their manager, the Chief Executive, and the Board
This role is ideally suited to someone who enjoys working with and bringing out the best in people. It would suit someone with previous people management experience and would be ideal for someone with experience of working with a diverse group of volunteers.
The role lends itself to being split between two people, so we welcome enquiries from people who are interested in a role-share.
We have ambitious growth plans and want to do better at serving our local community – we know that the demand in our community is greater than we are currently meeting. We are in the middle of an exciting transformation of our business, with lots of innovations and modernisation.
The Covid-19 crisis means that we expect there to be significantly increased demand for our products and services in the period ahead, and we are now positioning ourselves ready for this expected increase in membership and loan applications. We expect to continue to expand our volunteer team.
We are already supported in our work by a great team of volunteers, so we are well-used to working with volunteers and ensuring that we provide both a great welcome and training that suits their needs. Our volunteer team is already substantial, so you will feel part of a real community.
What is the commitment?
We are very flexible but would ask that you commit to a few hours a month, ideally with some regular engagement each week. We envisage that this role will initially operate entirely from home, but post-COVID will involve face to face contact which will inevitably involve time spent in our offices.
How do I find out more?
Please contact our Chief Executive Jonathan Moore: firstname.lastname@example.org