Membership of Stockport Credit Union is open to anyone who lives or works in any of the SK postcodes (includes Stockport, Glossop and Macclesfield).
If your employer is a member of our payroll scheme, you can also save directly through your wages and salary.
Once you join we will open a Savings Account for you. As a member of Stockport Credit Union every £1 you save with us counts as a ‘share’. You and the other members are shareholders in Stockport Credit Union which allows you to vote at the AGM. Each member has 1 vote, no matter how much is saved.
Stockport Credit Union is a social enterprise so any surplus we make is reinvested back into the organisation so we can further improve the products and services we offer, or is paid out as a dividend to members with savings balances. You can find out more about how it works on our governance pages.
Benefits of Saving with Us
- Your money is safe with us because it is protected by the FSCS.
- Your Savings are protected by our FREE Life Savings Insurance. When a member dies savings are doubled and will be paid to a nominated beneficiary (subject to T&Cs)
- No minimum amount to pay in. The maximum you can save is £15,000.
- You get access to our FREE member Wellbeing services which includes a range of support and access to discounts at supermarkets, cinemas, petrol stations and many more.
- The money you pay in with us is used for social good, helping other members get access to affordable loans.
- There are several ways to save: by standing order through your bank, by bank transfer, or by payroll deduction if you work for some local employers (listed here)
- As a member of Stockport Credit Union, you share in any annual dividend paid by the credit union.
How do I apply?
You can get all the forms you need to apply for membership here. If you have any questions about the forms we’d be happy to speak to you. Just Contact Us.
What Savings products do you have?
|Share Account||For adult savers over 18, this is the main way to save with the Credit Union. You need to pay a minimum of £1 in to get started, and there is no joining fee.||You can withdraw at any time, unless you have a secured loan against your share balance.|
|Christmas Saver Account||Existing members can open a Christmas Saver to help them budget for this important time. |
Simply pay in as much or as little as you like during the year.
|Withdrawals are restricted to between 1st October and 31st December.||Click here|
|Young Saver Account||A Young Saver account can be opened for saving only on behalf of a child or young person up to 18 years old. There is no joining fee for young savers.||An adult needs to be responsible for the account and can nominate a second adult to be able to draw money out on behalf of the young saver.|
How to pay in and withdraw from my account?
To send a payment to your account simply send a faster payment from your bank or building society. Contact us for the correct account details.
To withdraw from your account simply contact us and we will send a faster payment to your nominated bank or building society account. If you haven’t nominated a bank account yet please complete the form below.