Membership of Stockport Credit Union is open to anyone who lives, works or studies in Stockport (postcodes SK1 to SK8).
If your employer is a member of our payroll scheme, you can also save directly through your wages and salary.
As a member of Stockport Credit Union every £1 you save with us counts as a ‘share’. You and the other members are shareholders in the Credit Union which allows you to vote at the AGM. Each member has 1 vote, no matter how much is saved.
Stockport Credit Union is a social enterprise so any surplus we make is reinvested back in to the organisation so we can further improve the products and services we offer, or is paid out as a dividend to members with savings balances. You can find out more about how it works on our governance pages.
Benefits of Saving with Us
- Your money is safe with us because it is protected by the FSCS.
- No minimum amount to pay in. (The maximum you can save is £15,000.)
- The money you pay in with us is used for social good, helping other members get access to affordable loans.
- Your money is safe with us and protected by the FSCS.
- There are many ways to save: by standing order through your bank, by cash or cheque at any of our collection points, and by bank transfer (cash payments in are limited – please use bank transfer for large amounts), or by payroll deduction if you work for some local employers (listed here)
- As a member of Stockport Credit Union, you share in any annual dividend paid by the credit union.
How do I apply?
What Savings products do you have?
|Share Account||For adult savers over 18, this is the main way to save with the Credit Union. You need to pay a minimum of £1 in to get started, and there is no joining fee.||You can withdraw at any time, unless you have a secured loan against your share balance.|
|Christmas Saver Account||Existing members can open a Christmas Saver to help them budget for Xmas. |
Simply pay in as much or as little as you like during the year.
|Withdrawals are restricted to between 1st October and 31st December.||Click here|
|Young Saver Account||A Young Saver account can be opened for saving only on behalf of a child or young person up to 18 years old. There is no joining fee for young savers.||An adult needs to be responsible for the account and can nominate a second adult to be able to draw money out on behalf of the young saver.|
How to pay in and withdraw from my account?
To send a payment to your account simply send a faster payment from your bank or building society. Contact us for the correct account details.
To withdraw from your account simply contact us and we will send a faster payment to your nominated bank or building society account. If you haven’t nominated a bank account yet please complete the form below.