What would you like to do today?
Need a Loan?
This summary is for illustrative purposes only, so as to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing. All loan decisions and actual rates are dependent upon personal circumstances. Ask for a personalised illustration. Loan products may be withdrawn at any time and are subject to availability at the time of application
- Finance Volunteer VacancyAre you looking for a volunteering opportunity at an organisation undergoing an exciting period of transformational change? If you have experience with: Payment of invoicesProducing Management accountsReconciliation This would be the perfect role for you. About Us Stockport Credit Union […]
- Talk Money WeekBlog by Jonathan Moore Chief Executive at Stockport Credit Union ‘It’s the hardest thing to talk about sometimes, isn’t it? Especially, if there isn’t enough of it. Our members share this feeling with us on a regular basis – how […]
- Stockport Credit Union now offering services in MacclesfieldResidents in Macclesfield can now benefit from loans and savings options from Stockport Credit Union. Due to their increasing prominence in Stockport, the not-for-profit credit union is proud to announce an expansion into Macclesfield. They can now offer their full […]
- Business Relationship Partner VacancyAre you looking for a new job at an organisation undergoing an exciting period of transformational change? We’re recruiting for a Business Relationship Partner who’ll serve as the first point of contact for external stakeholders and will develop these and […]
- Press Release: Stockport Credit Union launches multi-pronged initiative to help 1000s of local residents tackle the cost-of-living crisis, including £1 million available to lend Stockport Credit Union announce package of support to help people with the cost of living crisis. It’s available to all members too!
- Tips for saving money on energy bills Energy bills are on the increase and thats why Stockport Credit Union is helping their members with free energy bills advice!
- How can a credit union get your finances back on track? If you were to think about saving and borrowing money, you probably think about high street banks or maybe a building society, but credit unions are an option that continue to be one of the UK’s best kept secrets. We […]
- Stockport’s guide to financially detoxing A guide for Stockport residents on how to financially detox!
Our Member Charter
- Listen to the views of members and consider their well-being and interests in all we do
- Help members to take control of their finances through prudent saving and borrowing
- Provide a range of ethical financial products and services including affordable loans and easy to use savings accounts
- Be a member-led organisation that encourages members to play an active role
- Treat all members equally and fairly
- Act with integrity and honesty
- Conduct our business in an open and transparent way
- Ensure staff and volunteers are able to provide a professional, accessible service to all members
- Work with other credit unions to strengthen the credit union sector
The Story of Stockport Credit Union
Stockport Credit Union was formed in 2005 from the merger of the Brinnington Credit Union with the Houldsworth, Offerton, and Werneth Credit Union – building on a history spanning back to 1989.
We’re a member-owned financial co-operative that provides affordable financial services products to people who live or work in Stockport postcodes SK1-SK8, helping our members help each other and become financially independent through saving as they borrow.
Joining Stockport Credit Union is a great way for local people and organisations to increase the supply of affordable credit in the community and to help our community become more financially independent and stable. Any surplus we make is given back to members in the form of a dividend, reduced loan interest or reinvested in the organisation to improve our service provision.