What would you like to do today?
Need a Loan?
This summary is for illustrative purposes only, so as to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing. All loan decisions and actual rates are dependent upon personal circumstances. Ask for a personalised illustration. Loan products may be withdrawn at any time and are subject to availability at the time of application
- Collection Point NewsTo all Members, Volunteers, and Strategic Partners. Now that the world is beginning to return to some sort of normality, it is the right time to talk with you about our collection points as a few of you have recently […]
- Compliance DirectorAbout Us Stockport Credit Union is a saving and loans co-operative, regulated by the Bank of England and the Financial Conduct Authority. We provide essential savings and lending services within the Stockport borough. We help people access better rates of […]
- Autumn Newsletter from Jonathan Moore, our Chief ExecutiveDear Member We’re at that point in the year where summer is just about holding on but the cooler temperatures and the quickly darkening evenings tell us that autumn is just around the corner. Summer feels like it is vanishing […]
- Credit Union launches enhanced salary deduction scheme for Stockport businessesStockport Credit Union has relaunched its payroll deduction scheme ahead of National Payroll Week (6-10 September). In the aftermath of Covid-19, and at a time when many families have struggled to access credit and have been unable to save, Stockport […]
- Let’s go to the beachTop UK beaches closest to Stockport and how to get there.
- Manage Employee Financial Stress With Stockport Credit UnionApril is National Stress Awareness Month The pandemic has made this National Stress Awareness Month especially important. Financial Stress is one of the most prevalent contributors to mental health problems. It is the worry, fear, and anxiety related to financial […]
- Member-based MutualityCredit Unions are membership-based not-for profit organisations whose core principle is that they are owned by their members, its policyholders and employees. Members have a say in how their credit union is run and may receive a share of the surplus – a dividend. The idea […]
- Record Breaking Lockdown Lifeline in StockportAt its recent AGM to discuss the 2019-2020 financial year, Stockport Credit Union confirmed that more people than ever before have turned to it for financial support as the devastating effects of the Coronavirus pandemic began to bite. A record […]
Our Member Charter
- Listen to the views of members and consider their well-being and interests in all we do
- Help members to take control of their finances through prudent saving and borrowing
- Provide a range of ethical financial products and services including affordable loans and easy to use savings accounts
- Be a member-led organisation that encourages members to play an active role
- Treat all members equally and fairly
- Act with integrity and honesty
- Conduct our business in an open and transparent way
- Ensure staff and volunteers are able to provide a professional, accessible service to all members
- Work with other credit unions to strengthen the credit union sector
The Story of Stockport Credit Union
Stockport Credit Union was formed in 2005 from the merger of the Brinnington Credit Union with the Houldsworth, Offerton, and Werneth Credit Union – building on a history spanning back to 1989.
We’re a member-owned financial co-operative that provides affordable financial services products to people who live or work in Stockport postcodes SK1-SK8, helping our members help each other and become financially independent through saving as they borrow.
Joining Stockport Credit Union is a great way for local people and organisations to increase the supply of affordable credit in the community and to help our community become more financially independent and stable. Any surplus we make is given back to members in the form of a dividend, reduced loan interest or reinvested in the organisation to improve our service provision.