What would you like to do today?
Need a Loan?
This summary is for illustrative purposes only, so as to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing. All loan decisions and actual rates are dependent upon personal circumstances. Ask for a personalised illustration. Loan products may be withdrawn at any time and are subject to availability at the time of application
- Community Engagement Officer VacancyAbout Us Stockport Credit Union is a saving and loans co-operative, regulated by the Bank of England and the Financial Conduct Authority. We provide essential savings and lending services within the Stockport borough. We enable people to access better rates […]
- Credit Control Officer VacancyAbout Us Stockport Credit Union is a saving and loans co-operative, regulated by the Bank of England and the Financial Conduct Authority. We provide essential savings and lending services within the Stockport borough. We help people access better rates of […]
- Let’s go to the beachTop UK beaches closest to Stockport and how to get there.
- Manage Employee Financial Stress With Stockport Credit UnionApril is National Stress Awareness Month The pandemic has made this National Stress Awareness Month especially important. Financial Stress is one of the most prevalent contributors to mental health problems. It is the worry, fear, and anxiety related to financial […]
- Member-based MutualityCredit Unions are membership-based not-for profit organisations whose core principle is that they are owned by their members, its policyholders and employees. Members have a say in how their credit union is run and may receive a share of the surplus – a dividend. The idea […]
- Record Breaking Lockdown Lifeline in StockportAt its recent AGM to discuss the 2019-2020 financial year, Stockport Credit Union confirmed that more people than ever before have turned to it for financial support as the devastating effects of the Coronavirus pandemic began to bite. A record […]
- Finance Department VolunteerPurpose of the Role The purpose of the Finance Department Volunteer Role is threefold: To lead on creation and provision of Management Information within the credit union, with a primary focus on MI for the Credit Control Team. To provide […]
- Lockdown Valentine’s DayValentine’s Day 20201 isn’t going to involve any restaurant’s however, that doesn’t mean you can’t have restaurant-quality food in your own home. Here at The Stockport Credit Union, we’ve come up with some delicious, restaurant-worthy recipes. Don’t worry we’ve remembered […]
Our Member Charter
- Listen to the views of members and consider their well-being and interests in all we do
- Help members to take control of their finances through prudent saving and borrowing
- Provide a range of ethical financial products and services including affordable loans and easy to use savings accounts
- Be a member-led organisation that encourages members to play an active role
- Treat all members equally and fairly
- Act with integrity and honesty
- Conduct our business in an open and transparent way
- Ensure staff and volunteers are able to provide a professional, accessible service to all members
- Work with other credit unions to strengthen the credit union sector.
The Story of Stockport Credit Union
Stockport Credit Union was formed in 2005 from the merger of the Brinnington Credit Union and the Houldsworth, Offerton and Werneth Credit Union – building on a history spanning back to 1989.
We’re a social enterprise financial co-operative that provides affordable financial services to people who live or work in Stockport, helping our members help each other and become financial independent through education.
Joining our Credit Unions is a great way for local people and organisations to increase the supply of affordable credit in the community and to help our community become more financially independent and stable. Any surplus we make is given back to members in the form of a dividend, or reinvested in the organisation to improve our service provision.