Stockport Credit Union was formed in 2005 from the merger of the Brinnington Credit Union and the Houldsworth, Offerton and Werneth Credit Union – building on a history spanning back to 1989.
We’re a social enterprise financial co-operative that provides affordable financial services to people who live or work in Stockport, helping our members help each other and become financial independent through education.
Joining our Credit Unions is a great way for local people and organisations to increase the supply of affordable credit in the community and to help our community become more financially independent and stable. Any surplus we make is given back to members in the form of a dividend, or reinvested in the organisation to improve our service provision.
Our Member Charter
- Listen to the views of members and consider their well-being and interests in all we do
- Help members to take control of their finances through prudent saving and borrowing
- Provide a range of ethical financial products and services including affordable loans and easy to use savings accounts
- Be a member-led organisation that encourages members to play an active role
- Treat all members equally and fairly
- Act with integrity and honesty
- Conduct our business in an open and transparent way
- Ensure staff and volunteers are able to provide a professional, accessible service to all members
- Work with other credit unions to strengthen the credit union sector.
- Collection Point SuspensionDue to the current medical crisis, we have had to take the very difficult decision … Read more
- AGM PostponedDear members, Given the present situation around Coronavirus, and the current government advisories on social … Read more
- A message from our Chief ExecutiveThe current coronavirus is having an unprecedented impact on everyone and we recognise that this … Read more
- Notice of AGM – 28 March 2020SAVE THE DATE! The SCU Annual General Meeting will be on the 28th March. Notice-to-the-2020-Annual-General-Meeting-1Download … Read more