What would you like to do today?
Need a Loan?
This summary is for illustrative purposes only, so as to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing. All loan decisions and actual rates are dependent upon personal circumstances. Ask for a personalised illustration. Loan products may be withdrawn at any time and are subject to availability at the time of application
- Christmas CompetitionThis is your chance to win a little boost this Christmas. Let’s be honest, Christmas is an expensive time. From Christmas parties to buying Christmas dinner and all the present shopping in between. At Stockport Credit Union we understand this […]
- Member Survey Feedback 2023Throughout Summer we conducted a survey with our members to find out more about how they feel about the credit union, and their finances. We were so pleased to see that over 700 or 16% of our 4,500 members took […]
- July/August 2023 Member SurveyWe are running our first annual member survey via SMS and our mobile app Nivo. You may have received a text message from us about this competition and we wanted to make sure that you know it really is from […]
- Competition time!This is your chance to win a little boost this summer. Let’s be honest, summer can be an expensive time. From days out with the kids, to having to work less hours or pay for more childcare and then it […]
- 2023 Stockport Credit Union AGM heldStockport Credit Union held their Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 13th March. We held our meeting virtually this year which we know is convenient for some members but we are hoping to hold an In person or hybrid meeting in […]
- Stockport Credit Union AGM 2023Stockport Credit Union, would like to invite all their members to their Annual General Meeting (AGM) which is taking place, virtually, on Monday 13th March from 5pm- 6:30pm. We are hosting this meeting virtually by video conference, as we believe […]
- Greater Manchester credit unions join forces to launch cost of living loanStockport Credit Union has united with other credit unions across Greater Manchester in response to the ongoing affordability crisis caused by rising household costs. The credit union is part of the Sound Pound consortium, which has unveiled a new loan […]
- Stockport Credit Union – 24/7 Wellbeing SupportWhen it comes to wellness what comes to mind? Is it a hot bubble bath? Starting your morning with yoga and meditation? Taking long walks in the middle of the day? As lovely as these things are, looking after your […]
Our Member Charter
- Listen to the views of members and consider their well-being and interests in all we do
- Help members to take control of their finances through prudent saving and borrowing
- Provide a range of ethical financial products and services including affordable loans and easy to use savings accounts
- Be a member-led organisation that encourages members to play an active role
- Treat all members equally and fairly
- Act with integrity and honesty
- Conduct our business in an open and transparent way
- Ensure staff and volunteers are able to provide a professional, accessible service to all members
- Work with other credit unions to strengthen the credit union sector
The Story of Stockport Credit Union
Stockport Credit Union was formed in 2005 from the merger of the Brinnington Credit Union with the Houldsworth, Offerton, and Werneth Credit Union – building on a history spanning back to 1989.
We’re a member-owned financial co-operative that provides affordable financial services products to people who live or work in Stockport postcodes SK1-SK8, helping our members help each other and become financially independent through saving as they borrow.
Joining Stockport Credit Union is a great way for local people and organisations to increase the supply of affordable credit in the community and to help our community become more financially independent and stable. Any surplus we make is given back to members in the form of a dividend, reduced loan interest or reinvested in the organisation to improve our service provision.