What would you like to do today?
Need a Loan?
This summary is for illustrative purposes only, so as to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing. All loan decisions and actual rates are dependent upon personal circumstances. Ask for a personalised illustration. Loan products may be withdrawn at any time and are subject to availability at the time of application
- Cheap and Easy Family MealsLockdown Winter Warming Recipes for Under a Fiver At Stockport Credit Union we know with the latest Lockdown children can eat you from house and home and the increased household food bills can cause added financial stress. Sometimes it may […]
- Lockdown ResolutionsDon’t let the lockdown stop you from achieving something great Here at Stockport Credit Union, we see the New Year as an opportunity for a fresh slate and the perfect chance to start something new. We have put together some […]
- Refresh your home this year for under £500As one year ends and another begins, we shape our plans and new year resolutions for what is ahead. Here at Stockport Credit Union, we know more than most that the month of January can have a strain on your […]
- Christmas Newsletter from our CEO
- Coping at XmasLooking after each other and your mental health For many Christmas is a time of celebration, but this year is a little different, we know from many of our members that isolation over the past year has taken a massive […]
- Top-up Loans in DecemberImportant dates for our members if you are applying for a Top-up Loan in December Due to the bank holidays, the high volume of applications over the Christmas period and to help our members, we have revised the application dates […]
- SCU launches £15m recovery plan with Credit Union ConsortiumStockport Credit Union unites with Greater Manchester Community Credit Unions to unveil £15m support in Covid recovery plan Stockport Credit Union has joined forces with seven other Community Credit Unions across Greater Manchester to launch a Covid-19 recovery plan that […]
- Autumn Walks & Pebble ArtWe’ve found some great walks and activities around Stockport that you and the family can enjoy! A popular local walk is the Reddish Vale country park and its right on your doorstep, it starts at around the bottom of Reddish […]
Our Member Charter
- Listen to the views of members and consider their well-being and interests in all we do
- Help members to take control of their finances through prudent saving and borrowing
- Provide a range of ethical financial products and services including affordable loans and easy to use savings accounts
- Be a member-led organisation that encourages members to play an active role
- Treat all members equally and fairly
- Act with integrity and honesty
- Conduct our business in an open and transparent way
- Ensure staff and volunteers are able to provide a professional, accessible service to all members
- Work with other credit unions to strengthen the credit union sector.
The Story of Stockport Credit Union
Stockport Credit Union was formed in 2005 from the merger of the Brinnington Credit Union and the Houldsworth, Offerton and Werneth Credit Union – building on a history spanning back to 1989.
We’re a social enterprise financial co-operative that provides affordable financial services to people who live or work in Stockport, helping our members help each other and become financial independent through education.
Joining our Credit Unions is a great way for local people and organisations to increase the supply of affordable credit in the community and to help our community become more financially independent and stable. Any surplus we make is given back to members in the form of a dividend, or reinvested in the organisation to improve our service provision.