What would you like to do today?
Need a Loan?
This summary is for illustrative purposes only, so as to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing. All loan decisions and actual rates are dependent upon personal circumstances. Ask for a personalised illustration. Loan products may be withdrawn at any time and are subject to availability at the time of application
- Record Breaking Lockdown Lifeline in StockportAt its recent AGM to discuss the 2019-2020 financial year, Stockport Credit Union confirmed that more people than ever before have turned to it for financial support as the devastating effects of the Coronavirus pandemic began to bite. A record […]
- AGM week is here!A quick reminder to all our members that it’s our Annual General Meeting is being held online this coming Saturday 27th March at 11.15am! Get an update from the CEO and the Board on how the Credit Union has been […]
- SCU 15th AGM – 27 MarchFollowing a successful virtual AGM last year the Board are pleased to announce that this years AGM will be on Saturday 27th March 2020 by Zoom. The full notice of the AGM along with Annual Report and information on how […]
- Finance Department VolunteerPurpose of the Role The purpose of the Finance Department Volunteer Role is threefold: To lead on creation and provision of Management Information within the credit union, with a primary focus on MI for the Credit Control Team. To provide […]
- Lockdown Valentine’s DayValentine’s Day 20201 isn’t going to involve any restaurant’s however, that doesn’t mean you can’t have restaurant-quality food in your own home. Here at The Stockport Credit Union, we’ve come up with some delicious, restaurant-worthy recipes. Don’t worry we’ve remembered […]
- Cheap and Easy Family MealsLockdown Winter Warming Recipes for Under a Fiver At Stockport Credit Union we know with the latest Lockdown children can eat you from house and home and the increased household food bills can cause added financial stress. Sometimes it may […]
- Lockdown ResolutionsDon’t let the lockdown stop you from achieving something great Here at Stockport Credit Union, we see the New Year as an opportunity for a fresh slate and the perfect chance to start something new. We have put together some […]
- Refresh your home this year for under £500As one year ends and another begins, we shape our plans and new year resolutions for what is ahead. Here at Stockport Credit Union, we know more than most that the month of January can have a strain on your […]
Our Member Charter
- Listen to the views of members and consider their well-being and interests in all we do
- Help members to take control of their finances through prudent saving and borrowing
- Provide a range of ethical financial products and services including affordable loans and easy to use savings accounts
- Be a member-led organisation that encourages members to play an active role
- Treat all members equally and fairly
- Act with integrity and honesty
- Conduct our business in an open and transparent way
- Ensure staff and volunteers are able to provide a professional, accessible service to all members
- Work with other credit unions to strengthen the credit union sector.
The Story of Stockport Credit Union
Stockport Credit Union was formed in 2005 from the merger of the Brinnington Credit Union and the Houldsworth, Offerton and Werneth Credit Union – building on a history spanning back to 1989.
We’re a social enterprise financial co-operative that provides affordable financial services to people who live or work in Stockport, helping our members help each other and become financial independent through education.
Joining our Credit Unions is a great way for local people and organisations to increase the supply of affordable credit in the community and to help our community become more financially independent and stable. Any surplus we make is given back to members in the form of a dividend, or reinvested in the organisation to improve our service provision.