What would you like to do today?
Need a Loan?
This summary is for illustrative purposes only, so as to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing. All loan decisions and actual rates are dependent upon personal circumstances. Ask for a personalised illustration. Loan products may be withdrawn at any time and are subject to availability at the time of application
- Autumn Walks & Pebble ArtWe’ve found some great walks and activities around Stockport that … Read more
- Welcome Team VolunteerWhat We Are Looking For Do you care about your … Read more
- End of Financial Year Newsletter1st October Newsletter from Jonathan Moore, our Chief Executive Today … Read more
- Introducing our Member AreaStockport Credit Unions Members Area Sign up to our members … Read more
- Message to our members from Jonathan Moore, our Chief ExecutiveDear Member I hope you are keeping safe and well … Read more
- Grants VolunteerWhat We Are Looking For Do you have experience of … Read more
- Office Volunteer OpportunityWhat We Are Looking For Do you care about your … Read more
- Award Winning DirectorSCU Director wins the Non-Executive Director of the Year Award … Read more
Our Member Charter
- Listen to the views of members and consider their well-being and interests in all we do
- Help members to take control of their finances through prudent saving and borrowing
- Provide a range of ethical financial products and services including affordable loans and easy to use savings accounts
- Be a member-led organisation that encourages members to play an active role
- Treat all members equally and fairly
- Act with integrity and honesty
- Conduct our business in an open and transparent way
- Ensure staff and volunteers are able to provide a professional, accessible service to all members
- Work with other credit unions to strengthen the credit union sector.
The Story of Stockport Credit Union
Stockport Credit Union was formed in 2005 from the merger of the Brinnington Credit Union and the Houldsworth, Offerton and Werneth Credit Union – building on a history spanning back to 1989.
We’re a social enterprise financial co-operative that provides affordable financial services to people who live or work in Stockport, helping our members help each other and become financial independent through education.
Joining our Credit Unions is a great way for local people and organisations to increase the supply of affordable credit in the community and to help our community become more financially independent and stable. Any surplus we make is given back to members in the form of a dividend, or reinvested in the organisation to improve our service provision.