What would you like to do today?
Need a Loan?
This summary is for illustrative purposes only, so as to give you, the borrower, an overview of the potential cost of borrowing. All loan decisions and actual rates are dependent upon personal circumstances. Ask for a personalised illustration. Loan products may be withdrawn at any time and are subject to availability at the time of application
- Press Release: Stockport Credit Union launches multi-pronged initiative to help 1000s of local residents tackle the cost-of-living crisis, including £1 million available to lend Stockport Credit Union announce package of support to help people with the cost of living crisis. It’s available to all members too!
- Tips for saving money on energy bills Energy bills are on the increase and thats why Stockport Credit Union is helping their members with free energy bills advice!
- How can a credit union get your finances back on track? If you were to think about saving and borrowing money, you probably think about high street banks or maybe a building society, but credit unions are an option that continue to be one of the UK’s best kept secrets. We […]
- Stockport’s guide to financially detoxing A guide for Stockport residents on how to financially detox!
- The benefits of saving for Christmas, in January! Stockport Credit Union discuss the benefits of saving for Christmas a year early!
- The top 6 tips for moving past a ‘January Money Hangover’ Have you ever had that groggy morning feeling, that’s followed on from something you’ve done the night before that was a bit much? Maybe you felt just like that on January 1st ? Hangovers don’t just come from things we […]
- Collection Point NewsTo all Members, Volunteers, and Strategic Partners. Now that the world is beginning to return to some sort of normality, it is the right time to talk with you about our collection points as a few of you have recently […]
- Compliance DirectorAbout Us Stockport Credit Union is a saving and loans co-operative, regulated by the Bank of England and the Financial Conduct Authority. We provide essential savings and lending services within the Stockport borough. We help people access better rates of […]
Our Member Charter
- Listen to the views of members and consider their well-being and interests in all we do
- Help members to take control of their finances through prudent saving and borrowing
- Provide a range of ethical financial products and services including affordable loans and easy to use savings accounts
- Be a member-led organisation that encourages members to play an active role
- Treat all members equally and fairly
- Act with integrity and honesty
- Conduct our business in an open and transparent way
- Ensure staff and volunteers are able to provide a professional, accessible service to all members
- Work with other credit unions to strengthen the credit union sector
The Story of Stockport Credit Union
Stockport Credit Union was formed in 2005 from the merger of the Brinnington Credit Union with the Houldsworth, Offerton, and Werneth Credit Union – building on a history spanning back to 1989.
We’re a member-owned financial co-operative that provides affordable financial services products to people who live or work in Stockport postcodes SK1-SK8, helping our members help each other and become financially independent through saving as they borrow.
Joining Stockport Credit Union is a great way for local people and organisations to increase the supply of affordable credit in the community and to help our community become more financially independent and stable. Any surplus we make is given back to members in the form of a dividend, reduced loan interest or reinvested in the organisation to improve our service provision.